Penn State has licensed Respondus Campus 4.0 to create and manage quiz and exams banks for use in Canvas and other contexts. To access the product and license key:
- Log in to https://downloads.its.psu.edu with your Penn State Access ID and password.
- Click the link for the Technical Applications category.
- Next to the text Respondus, click the link Windows.
Note: The application is Windows only, but can be run on a Mac Windows Emulator like Parallels Desktop or Oracle VM VirtualBox.
- The download link is at the bottom of the page and is labeled Version 4.0.
Note: If you have already purchased an individual license, you can continue using it, but you cannot switch to the Penn State license without downloading the Campus version of Respondus from Penn State Downloads site.
- The download file is called Respondus4Campus.exe. Find the file on your hard drive and double-click it to start the Respondus installation program.
- Several screens will guide you through the installation program.
Note: The default settings are recommended.
- Click the Respondus icon or open Respondus from the Start menu.
- The first time you start Respondus, you will be asked to enter the Penn State license information. The information is available in the Penn State Downloads site.
- When you are asked to choose a Personality for Respondus, choose Instructure Canvas.
Note: The Personality can be changed later as needed.
The Respondus Quickstart Guide and guide for Respondus in (Instructure) Canvas are available at the Respondus 4.0 Guide site.