To assist the campuses and colleges with the transition to Canvas as the new Learning Management System, representatives from each college and commonwealth campus are serving as the focal point for the transition to Canvas.
The Canvas Liaisons include the following:
Abington — Steve Brown
Altoona — Joe Scott
Brandywine — Matt Bodek
Fayette — Cheryl Tkacs
Greater Allegheny — Peggy Signorella
New Kensington — Deborah Sillman
Shenango — Elaine Andrews
York — Suzanne Shaffer
Arts and Architecture — Kate Miffitt
Communications — Shannon Kennan
Dickinson Law — Linda Evans
Earth and Mineral Sciences — Stevie Rocco
Education — Iris Striedieck
Information Sciences & Technology — Amy Garbrick
Nursing — Joe Evanick
Penn State Law — Sara Krome
School of International Affairs — Sara Krome
University Libraries — Amanda Clossen
Canvas Liaisons’ roles
Expected roles and responsibilities for the Canvas Liaisons are to:
- Work with faculty and faculty support staff at your campus or in your college to identify the courses in ANGEL that need project conversion support to be operational in Canvas.
- Coordinate distribution of project communications and assist with informational and training events.
- Prioritize conversion support requests for courses, based on criticality, complexity, urgency, and other factors.
- Coordinate training events and drop-in hours for in-person or virtual training assistance.
- Facilitate response to faculty issues, concerns, and needs, directing them to the appropriate support or service area.
- Update the project team in online project management software with the status of course conversions within your campus or college on a weekly basis.
Canvas Liaison Coordinators
The Canvas Liaison Coordinators responsible for working with the Canvas Liaisons in the colleges at University Park, the Eastern campuses and the Western campuses are:
University Park — Chris Millet
Eastern campuses — Heather Hughes
Western campuses — Brian Young