Fall 2016 is a very busy time as Penn State transitions to Canvas.
Here are a few recent changes that affect faculty, staff, and students:
- LionPATH Faculty Center facilitates course interaction
- Students can access their Canvas courses in ANGEL or their ANGEL courses in Canvas
- University Libraries course resources and guides for research are integrated into Canvas
Training and consultations are in full swing to help faculty and staff learn how to use Canvas to improve teaching and learning:
- For the latest in training, see the schedule of classes offered by ITS Training Services.
- The Canvas Learning Center gives 24/7 access to tutorials, videos and other resources in a self-directed curriculum.
- Canvas TLAs (Technology Learning Assistants) can assist faculty one-on-one on their own computer in their own office (in person or virtually), providing personalized answers to questions and helping them use Canvas features effectively.
- The TLT Canvas Instructional Support Team offers Virtual Office Hours to help faculty work through Canvas questions or provide assistance with converting complex courses.
Keep up-to-date on all improvements and changes by subscribing to the Canvas listserv. You will automatically receive a weekly Canvas newsletter that pulls together the latest information for delivery to your inbox every Friday. To subscribe, send an email to L-CANVAS-AT-PENN-STATEfirstname.lastname@example.org with “Add Me” in the subject line plus a few characters in the body of the email.
It’s Your Canvas – and the future of learning at Penn State.